MrPUP Dataset Documentation
The Medicare Referring Provider Utilization for Procedures (MrPUP) dataset details the healthcare procedures that Medicare providers referred in the outpatient setting in 2014, and is particularly useful in understanding how specific doctors use blood tests, CT scans, and MRIs to diagnose patients.
To purchase or download the MrPUP dataset, please go to the CareSet Data Store.
MrPUP Summary Statistics
- Total Row Count – 7,404,936
- Distinct Referring NPI Count – 616,606
- Distinct HCPCS Code Count – 4,238
- Max Patient Count – 10,158
- Min Patient Count – 11
- Transaction Line Service Total – 648,797,587
MrPUP Data Fields
- Carrier_claim_referring_physician_npi – Referring provider National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- Line_center_healthcare_common_procedure_coding_system – Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code for the referring NPI
- Patient_count – Count of unique beneficiaries for the referring NPI and HCPCS code
- Transaction_line_service_total – Total number of transactions for the referring NPI, HCPCS code and patient count